Friday, November 11, 2011

When there's nowhere else to run.

After much internet research I have come to the conclusion that Hashimotos disease sucks.... not that I didn't already know that. However, I realize that there is so much information out there to help anyone with Hashimotos to get feeling better. Such as eliminating gluten and fixing your gut and exercising. I do not need to spend 6k to get the information I need, its at my fingertips, I can do it myself, it just might take longer. But I have decided I am going to ease into it, because I have just gone grocery shopping and I am not going to waste all my money by getting rid of my food. Plus I am still learning about the gluten free lifestyle. I am scared to embark on this new lifestyle, but also optimistic. Allot of what I have read shows that when Hashimoto sufferers went gluten free, allot of their symptoms subsided and they felt great. It is worth a shot.

I pondered about it for a while and it feels similar to a time in my life before when I was lost. I was more than 210 pounds and wanting to look and feel better, but didn't really have the knowledge or willpower. I didn't want to give up my liter of Coke or my Red Barron Pizza or HoHo's. But after learning what I needed to do and getting sick of being unhealthy, I changed what I ate, I started working out. I learned allot of things along the way, their is no magic pill, its hard work and dedication. Willpower got easier once I started feeling better. It was a hard lifestyle change, but I am so glad I did it, the only regret is that I didn't loose that weight sooner. But here I am at 121 pounds now and its not that I still don't have hard times, I just know what to do to correct it.

I am sure that this journey will be similar, hard times will come, but if I feel better that will be my motivation. I am so happy I have people who support and care about me too. I don't know where I would be without the people who love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment